The Taylor Massey Project
This reach, with both banks of the Creek and extensive tablelands
around it owned privately by Pine Hills Cemetery, is a delightful
retreat located in the heart of the Taylor Massey Watershed. Once
through the gates, locked near dark, guests find both an enchanting
footpath along the Creek and have access to the largest arboretum
In addition to welcoming the public, Pine Hills Cemetery practices
a broad spectrum of sound environmental practices and has conducted
environmental walks with the TMP, local residents, and other organizations.
- Some streambank erosion is evident, caused by upstream stormflows
from impervious surfaces. Future flows may be reduced and eroded
banks may be naturalized under Wet Weather Flow.
- Several fish barriers have been identified within the reach
and are targeted for remediation under WWF.
- Comprehensive signage, part of the Taylor Massey Project, is
needed to direct people around the Cemetery when the gates are
locked for the evening.
- The Pine Hills reach is wholly owned by Pine Hills Cemetery,
which voluntarily maintains the trail, allows public access, and
acts as its own Reach Steward. Please contact them directly, and/or
share any observations with us at
- See the Calendar for annual event
Sub-reach Photos (2002)